Fine Arts Boosters
The holidays are here and we need YOUR help:
Friday, Dec. 6 - The teachers and staff are performing in "A Very DJO Christmas Carol!" and Concession Volunteers ARE needed! Show begins at 7 p.m.
Monday, Dec. 9 and Wednesday, Dec. 11 - Volunteers are needed to donate treats and help run the concession stand for our holiday concerts. Sign up HERE...
Need STOCKING STUFFERS? Keep your eye out for our “O”rnaments as well as musical instrument ornaments. On sale at every fine arts performance!
Be sure to buy some slim CHOCOLATE Bars as well, perfect for sliding into even the smallest of stockings! Perfect for work! Just email the Fine Arts Boosters with your stocking stuffer needs and let us know which upcoming Christmas concert you are coming to and we will have them ready for you! Proceeds go directly to the assistance of fine arts students attending the spring trip.
“Fine Arts Boosters – where the hands of many parent volunteers make it all happen!”
The Fine Arts Boosters is the parent organization that supports all of the fine arts programs of Bishop O’Connell High School. The purpose of the Fine Arts Boosters is to foster the growth and development of each student musician, performer, artist as well as the entire fine arts program. This is accomplished through assisting at events, chaperoning trips, fundraising, organizing special programs, assisting with administrative tasks, attending events, and so much more!
It is through the generous efforts of parents and guardians that the fine arts programs are able to provide quality fine arts experiences for the students and entire O’Connell community. Parent time, resources, and spirit are all appreciated! Join the Fine Arts Boosters HERE.
Our monthly booster meetings, typically on the first Wednesday of the month. We encourage all of you to become involved and hope you will consider volunteering during this school year!
If you have any questions regarding the Fine Arts Boosters, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONNECT! Send an email to email@example.com
Fine Arts Spring Trip to Chicago
March 19-22, 2020
The Fine Art program is going to Chicago!
Click on the image above to learn more...
IMPORTANT Trip Registration Forms - Due Nov. 15
Students planning to participate in the spring fine arts trip to Chicago need to have the following completed/in place by November 15th :
1) Online registration on the WorldStrides website HERE. Click the “Register” tab at the top right-hand corner of the screen, enter Trip ID # 183054, click “Get Started.” Follow the prompts. You can register prior to making the trip deposit.
2) All travelers are required make a $350 trip deposit no later than Nov. 15. If circumstances exist where you cannot do this online, please contact the Fine Arts Boosters at firstname.lastname@example.org. Initial Deposit made online via WorldStrides HERE, following the instructions below.
- Enter Trip ID Number: 183054
- Enter the number again.
- Select "I want to make a payment for an individual traveler."
- Enter First Name and Last Name.
- Select relationship to traveler.
- DO NOT SELECT "I want to make a payment toward the overall trip cost."
- Click "Make a Payment."
- Follow the instructions for your desired payment method.
- Please note to following payment deadlines:
- Nov. 15: $350
- Dec. 12: $375
- Jan. 15: $375
3) DJO Registration Form (DOWNLOAD HERE) completed and submitted to fine arts teacher and/or emailed to email@example.com. Chaperone interest must be noted on the DJO registration form if applicable.
PLEASE NOTE - Chaperone interest deadline is Nov 15; scholarship assistance deadline is Dec 1. Financial assistance applications will occur via email. Those in need of financial assistance for the spring trip should be send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt, additional information will be sent to the requestor.
4) Important NEW information regarding Medical Form – Please DO NOT use any paper or electronic medical form provided earlier. Parents are required to review their student health and emergency contact information within the school’s electronic health records system (Magnus Health –link found in MyDJO) for accuracy, currency, and completeness. After review, parents should send an email message to email@example.com, with the subject "Parent Review Complete: MAGNUS current, accurate, complete."
CHOCOLATE SALES GOING ON NOW!
Fine arts families are asked to purchase at least one box to sell. Funds go directly into the program! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us at email@example.com