Athletic Training Appointments
COVID-19 UPDATED INFORMATION
All Athletic Training services are by appointment only. No walk in permitted unless for medical emergency. Please read the following:
- Click the link below to make an appointment to see the Athletic Trainers.
- Select the service you want (Taping, Evaluation, Treatment, or Rehab).
- Select the date and time you would like to be scheduled.
- Sign In with Google (DJO Email).
- Review your information and click "Book Appointment."
What is Athletic Training?
Athletic training is an allied health care profession recognized by the American Medical Association for the prevention, care and rehabilitation of athletic injuries under the direction of a physician. The program is directed by an athletic trainer certified by National Athletic Trainers Association. In
1. Prevention of athletic injuries.
2. Recognition, evaluation and immediate care of athletic injuries.
3. Rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
4. Health care administration.
5. Professional development.
An athletic trainer will be at or on call for almost all home games played at O’Connell or Tuckahoe. They will also be at some away games such as varsity football and hockey. Student aides will also be at many games. Most away games are covered by the host school’s athletic trainer.
The training room is equipped to provide immediate care for many emergencies as well as minor injuries. Equipment includes an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) for sudden cardiac arrest.
After evaluating an injury, the athletic trainers will determine the need for referral to a physician.
Follow Up Care
The athletic trainers see that the physician’s treatment instructions are followed. Most injuries can be treated in the training room.
The athletic trainers apply protective and injury preventive taping, padding, bandaging,etc. for safe athletic participation.
The athletic trainers are a resource for coaches, teams, and individual athletes. An elective course in sports medicine is offered at O’Connell.
Training Room Hours
7th period for teams leaving early
Every day after school
Fall - until football practice ends
Winter/Spring - until about p.m. on non-game day