The English Department integrates the study of literature with a sequential writing program, instruction in grammar and usage, vocabulary study and oral presentation. The four-year program includes required courses in genres of literature, world literature, American literature and British literature.
LIVE Zoom Conversations have expired.
Did You Know?
- In the past four years, our students have achieved an average 91% pass rate for the AP English Language exam and an 82% rate for the AP English Literature exam.
- Student resources beyond the classroom include research and literacy coaches.
- Across the curriculum, student actively engage and contribute to the Largesse, the school's literary magazine.
"You taught me the value of learning and made me want to learn even more outside the classroom."
- O'Connell graduate
AP English Classes Offered:
- AP English Language and Composition (Grade 11)
- AP English Literature and Composition (Grade 12)