Tentative Itinerary Bishop O’Connell Salamanca
Study Abroad Trip
July 1 – July 16, 2023
Visiting Madrid, Salamanca, Segovia and Toledo
July 1 - DC-Madrid – overnight flight
July 2 - Arrival in Madrid – board motor coach and transfer to student residence. Dinner at residence. While in Salamanca you will have breakfasts, lunches and dinners at your residence.
July 3 - July 7 - You will start your classes at the University of Salamanca and will continue to take classes all week. In the afternoon, you will have activities, guided tours, etc.
July 7 – After lunch at your residence, leave Salamanca by motor coach to Madrid for the weekend. 2 nights at hotel in Madrid (****) Free late afternoon, dinner on your own with friends and chaperones.
July 8 - Buffet breakfast, half day walking city tour of Madrid. Afternoon guided visit of El Prado Museum. Group Closing Dinner at restaurant in Plaza Mayor.
July 9 – Buffet breakfast and check out of hotel, motor coach transfer to Toledo, half-day city tour of Toledo. At 5:00 pm continue on motor coach return to Salamanca, drop off at your residence.
July 10 – 14 – Classes at the University of Salamanca. Activities in the afternoon.
July 13 – 7:00 pm Program Closing Ceremony at the Historic Building of the University of Salamanca.
July 15 - After breakfast, get your luggage into the motor coach. Leave Salamanca, on the way to Madrid, half-day city tour of beautiful Segovia. Late in the afternoon continue to Madrid, check in to hotel in Barajas airport area (****)
July 16 – Buffet breakfast, check out of hotel and motor coach transfer to airport for direct return flight to DC, arriving the same day in the afternoon.
The program includes the following activities that will take place the weeks of July 3 through July 14, 2023. A detailed breakdown will be given in May 2023.
- All participants will take a Conversation and Composition class twice a week (6 hours of classes, 90 minutes each class)
- The participants will enjoy a movie night with guided participation
- The participants will take a Flamenco dance class at the Azabache studio
- The participants will attend a Flamenco and Spanish Dance Show
- The participants will have an evening walking tour of Salamanca
- The participants will have walking guided tours of the University Historical Building, the Cathedrals, in the afternoon.
- The participants will enjoy a tapas night at local cafes and tascas.