Annual Gala & Auction
Announcing the 14th Annual Gala & Auction
to benefit the students at Bishop O'Connell High School
Saturday, February 7, 2015
Hilton McLean Tysons Corner
You don't want to miss THE social event of the year featuring a silent and live auction, cocktails, dinner and dancing. Our very own theology teacher, David Owens, will be our master of ceremonies and auctioneer for the evening. Tickets go on sale mid-December. Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.
The night will begin with a cocktail hour and silent auction where bidding will be fierce on oodles of beautiful baskets, sports memoriabilia, tickets to concerts, the theater and sporting events; cooking classes, vacation trips, jewelry, designer handbags, spa packages; fine wine, specialty liquors, cigars, sign-up parties and much more.
New this year: Wine Pull, Malt Madness, Restaurant Row and Round Table Raffle
Live Auction items an Italian dinner prepared in your home by Fr. Benetti with music by Fr. Thompson, a cruise around Annapolis with Dr. Vorbach, a full reserved pew at the Shrine for graduation and much more!
It takes teamwork to make the Gala a success and volunteers make it possible at every step. Your time and energy as a Gala volunteer can be the greatest gift of all as we work to support academic excellence at Bishop O'Connell!
Interested in getting involved and meeting new parents? Our Gala Co-Chairs, Julie Gazala and Staci Meruvia, are looking for many voluntueers, including (but not limited to) those who are interested in helping in the following areas:
- Procurement of auction items
- Packaging baskets (shadow veteran basket volunteers and learn the ropes for next year)
- Gala program advertisements
- Gala program layout and organization (graphic design skills helpful, but not necessary)
- Gala AV slide show
- Set-up and take-down
- Gala ambassadors and table captains - make phone calls to parents and alumni and organize groups to attend
The Gala committee will meet at 6:30 p.m. in the school library on the following dates: December 4, December 17 (if needed), January 6, January 28 (if needed). Please join us and share your talents and time! There is a job for everyone.
Bidders especially love auction items that come directly from our own community members.
Your tax-deductible donation will help make the Gala a success!
- Do you have sports tickets, a service, a vacation property, or another product of value?
- Are you a regular customer at a business? On your next visit, consider asking them to donate an item, a gift certificate, and/or place an advertisement in the Gala program.
- Simply use the donation/advertising form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check the Friday Blitz and the Gala web page for updates including ticket information, new auction items, and volunteer meeting dates.
For more information contact: email@example.com.
PHOTOS FROM 2014 GALA & AUCTION