Seniors are required to complete ten hours of service BEFORE March 28, 2014, by directly (face-to-face) serving a group that is identifiable as poor, dispossessed or marginialized. CLICK HERE to read more...
Please see Service Guidelines about service to individuals in need.
In addition to ten hours of service performed, seniors will be required to write a reflection paper on Christian Service. This essay will be evaluated and reviewed by teachers and administration.
Seniors who do not receive a passing service grade will not receive their diplomas and their transcripts will be withheld from colleges until they have completed their service requirements.
- Service in the name of the O’Connell community serving as a Chair or Co-Chair for the annual Super dance-a-thon for Cystic Fibrosis
- Tutoring students at a disadvantaged school with limited government funding (Title 1 Schools)
- Helping people learn English
- Coaching disadvantaged or underprivileged children
- Hospitals and nursing homes (Please see Service Guidelines for work done for doctors’ offices)
- Service spent in work for the church (not related to the Sunday Mass or service)
- Service to a non-profit organization in DIRECT (face-to-face) contact with the poor, dispossessed, or marginalized
- Work Camp