Junior deadline: April 18, 2016
Senior deadline: March 22, 2016
Junior and Senior students are required to complete ten hours of service by directly (face-to-face) serving a group that is identifiable as poor, dispossessed or marginialized. CLICK HERE to read more...
In addition to ten hours of service performed, seniors must choose 1 of the 3 options for their reflection.
Download Senior Reflection Options
Seniors who do not receive a passing service grade will not receive their diplomas and their transcripts will be withheld from colleges until they have completed their service requirements.
- Service to the homeless and/or hungry
- Service to the disabled
- Service to the sick
- Service to the elderly
- Service to the unborn and/or expectant mothers
- Service to the poor
- Service to children at Title 1 Schools (coaching, mentoring, tutoring)
- Service in a hospital or nursing home
- Service spent in work for the church in activities that directly (face to face) support the poor and marginalized
- Service spent in work for the church in activities such as altar serving and teaching religious education (5 hours maximum can be received)
- In addition to the above, students may complete their service project with specific grade level listed opportunities on the Approved Service List or the In-House DJO Service List.
Please fill out an Intent to Serve form found on the service website if an opportunity does not meet the requirements above before completing your service project.