We offer many opportunities for prospective students and their families to visit our campus. We host an Open House and Tuesday/Thursday tours for families. Prospective students are welcome to come shadow current students.
- Open House - Sunday, Oct. 15
- Tuesday & Thursday Tours at 10:30 AM
- Shadowing a Current Student
- Other Events
Presentation at 1 p.m. in the auditorium
Classroom interactive demonstrations follow and run until 4 p.m.
- Tour our completely renovated science classrooms (biology, chemistry and physics labs)
- Find out about our "Project Lead the Way" engineering program.
- Get a hands-on appreciation for our BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) technology program and iPad classroom sets in action.
- Learn about our Dual Credit and Dual Enrollment partnership with Marymount University.
- Hear more about our Global Studies Certificate Program.
- Explore our college-prep curriculum, including our 28 AP subject areas.
- Visit our chapel and the student lounge sponsored by the Chaplain's office.
- Learn about our Expanded Services for students with intellectual and cognitive disabilities.
- Find out more about our First Year Experience program and our comprehensivecollege counseling program.
- Have a conversation with the staff of the Muller Academic Services Center.
- See our arts program in action on stage and in our visual arts studio.
- Come out to our sports fields and gym and feel the excitement of Knights athletics.
- Explore our diverse clubs and activities available to all students.
- Find out more about scholarships, tuition assistance and O’Connell bus transportation.
- Meet our faculty, administration and coaches and chat with current students.
- Experience the O’Connell community first-hand, and find out why it’s a GREAT day to be a KNIGHT!
SAVE TIME! Download and fill out the Open House registration form before you arrive. Bring the form with you to OPEN HOUSE and return to the registration desk upon arrival.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-237-1433.
Would you like to learn more about Bishop O'Connell High School? Join us for a tour.
Prospective students and their families have the opportunity to take a 75-minute tour of the school and discover more about our academic offerings, extracurricular opportunities, and innovative new programs.
Please join us inside Entrance #1. You may park in the spots reserved for admissions or any un-numbered spots.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com or 703-237-1433.
SHADOW VISITS (Oct. 1, 2017 - Apr 27, 2018)
Shadowing is for any prospective student interested in spending a school day with a current Bishop O'Connell student. Students in the Class of 2022 can call now to set up their shadow day.
Please click here to reserve your shadow day.
We look forward to helping you discover why it's a great day to be a Knight!
Please Note: Due to popular demand, all shadow days until January have been filled.
Dates listed below are available dates for shadowing. Any day crossed out is now full:
|Jan 22||Jan 23|
SOME IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
ARRIVAL - Please plan to have your child at the school by 7:30 am. You can enter the school through the main entrance (Entrance #1) at 6600 Little Falls Road. There is reserved parking for visitors located near Entrance #1. If no space is available, you may park in any unnumbered space. Please look for the Admissions Office on your right once you enter through the main doors.
DEPARTURE - Please plan to meet your child by the Admissions Office (right by Entrance #1) at 2:15 pm.
DRESS - If your child attends a school that has a uniform, it should be worn during your child's visit to O'Connell. If your child's school does not have a uniform, appropriate clothing is required (comparable to what one would wear to Church, i.e. nothing too short, too tight, too low). Jeans and athletic wear are not permitted.
STUDY HALL- During the middle of the school day our entire student body has a one hour study hall. Your child is welcome to bring homework or other materials so that they will have something to do during this time period.
CONTACT - Your child may use any school phone to contact you if needed. Should you need to contact your child, feel free to call the Admissions Office at 703-237-1433.
LUNCH - A complimentary lunch in the cafeteria will be provided for your child. Should you have any concerns about allergies, please be aware that a wide variety of food choices are available each day. The weekly menu is posted here.
SCHOOL CLOSINGS OR DELAYS - Regarding school closings or delays, Bishop O'Connell follows the Fairfax County School System. In the event of a delayed opening, you are still welcome to attend or reschedule for another day. In the event that the school is closed, you should reschedule your visit by calling or emailing the Admissions Office on the next day the school is open. You can reach the Admissions Office at 703-237-1433.
You are welcome to park in the designated Admissions or Visitors spots located next to Entrance number 1. You are also welcome to park in any unnumbered spots.
We are located off Route 66, exit 69 in Virginia. We are located 1.1 miles from the East Falls Church Metro Station. Click here for a detailed map.
For more information on these programs, contact the Office of Admissions:
I have had an amazing experience at O’Connell. Especially love being able to spend every day with my best friends. Also love my cross country team and the family that we have become.
- Gabriella B. '16
(U.S. Naval Academy)